Friday, October 3, 2014

Carrion de Los Condes

We left our albergue at 6am. We walked in the dark for an hour and a half before a beautiful sunrise. Found a little bar just after sunrise only to find out it was closed. We decided to take a break there and eat stuff out of our packs. I decided to eat some prunes I bought the night before only to bite down on one of them to find out it had a pit which split my molar in half. Not good anywhere but here I now have a situation. We went to a dentist office in Carrion de Los Condes and it is closed until Monday. Great! Guy suggested I call our travel insurance company which I did and gave them my schedule for the next few days and they will supposidely find and make an appointment for me. Got some pain med for the interim.
Fun and games!!
As we were putting on our packs to leave Brian picks this bug off the outside of his pack and hands it to me saying "is this a bed bug?". I'm sure it was and we all looked at it before killing it. Good no blood in it. It probably got on his pack during  the rest stop. None of us felt to good about the possibility of more of them now or in the future joining us.

Anyway after 14 km we finally got some coffee.

Carrion de Los Condes is a beautiful town of maybe 2500 people. Very old.
Brian is at present the only one who has feet problems. Just found a little blister on his small toe. His feet were sore during the walk but improved at the end today. Hopefully this will be his worst day.

We are seeing lots of people who we have seen for the past couple of weeks. But not too many from the start of our camino.
Beautiful sunrise.
Morning shadows by the five of us.
Paul, Brian,Kate, Guy and Marlene at our well deserved coffee break
The average trail today. Beautiful.
Coming into Carrion de Los Condos.
The guy checking us into the monastery albergue we stayed at.
Brian's bluster on his little toe.
Before dinner planning meeting.
We went to vespers, sung by the nuns after dinner in the monastery. They were behind us. Very beautiful.

Update on my tooth. Not much pain but am on meds. Insurance co says they tried to call me on our Spanish phone and says they can't get a hold of me. Says left e- mail. We texted Del to ask her if she could help. Short story no help until we get to Leon 4 days from now. Hope it holds out.
Brian's feet seem to be doing better, good news since we have a 28 km day tomorrow. Hot in the afternoon is tough on all of us.

Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment